Are you trained for excellence?
When you encounter problems, you solve the problem from the level you have been training for … This is done automatically automatically, without you being able to control.
A switch is turned on and the whole system is taken over when you are blocked. You perform everything according to the level you are or the level you have trained to.
Let me explain:
You have taught a child to tie the shoes right now. It goes great, for the child to tie the shoes. But one morning when you are late for kindergarten / school, the situation is more stressful and then it is next to impossible for the child to tie the shoes. This situation often ends with the adult tying the shoe. This for shoe tying, is not automated.
1000 times is usually the level of automation. This means that you need to do one thing 1000 times before the thing is fully automated. So you need to lift a water glass 1000 times before you have an automatic brain program, which means that you do not spill the water in the glass.
To take a more advanced example: You need to show your business concept to 1000 people before you have an automation program that will take you further in the process of building your business. It is said that it takes 3-5 years for a company to become profitable and this is one of the reasons …
You don’t have to be good or the best. You just have to do the thing 1000 times. Then you are automatically above average.
This means that most people live a mediocre life in general for the level of excellence is mediocre under stress.
Most people do not do a thing until they become excellence and stop long before they reach results that take them over the first threshold of excellence.
You need about 1000 hours to reach a good level of something you want to develop.
30 minutes per day means that you need about 5.9 years to reach 1000 hours. 5.9 years sounds a long time, but you usually increase the time the more you delve into a subject. So just increasing by 30 minutes a day to 1 hour a day will allow you to reach 1000 hours in 2.5 years.
So what does your list of things you want to get excellence look like, and what things have you already got excellence?
This is my list of things I want excellence and things I’ve already achieved excellence:
- I have made about 200 development videos for people. 150 is on my youtube channel, so I have 800 videos left if I want to reach excellence. It is said that 1000 videos give about $ 10,000 per month whichever topic you choose and you do not need to be good. Just make 1000 videos on one topic. I have a video with 1.3 million viewers maybe get $ 1,000 in total, but no longer.
- I have painted / sold about 300 paintings so I have 700 left for excellence
- I have made about 250 music pieces and have about 750 left for excellence
- This year I have fed my brain with knowledge of Social Media Marketing about 500 hours of training. So 500 hours left before everything is automated
- I’ve done more than 1000 long jumps and had a world record so I don’t have to train anymore on this … it was more than 10,000 hours of training to get there (10,000 hours is about 2.7 hours a day for 10 years). I’ve met people who were much better than I was, but they never trained the last 5000 hours needed for excellence. I mostly trained between 40-70 hours a week for several years…
- I have coached more than 1000 people and developed a system of excellence, which has taken me more than 30 years to develop
- I’ve lived in Thailand for more than 500 weeks in a row, and know how to live here. But still 500 weeks left for excellence (about 10 more years)
- I have been feeding my brain with personal development processes for more than 10,000 hours. In 1992, my professor (with whom I was employed) said that I was the most read non-professor he met. There have been a number of books and articles, as I read, over the past 27 years. Development processes are my most passionate subject.
I love writing reflections like this text.